Getting your website to rank within search engine results takes time and SEO expertise, but there are a few simple, basic things that any website owner can implement to ensure that the ground rules are covered.
- Firstly, you must have a well-structured website, containing informative, relevant content. Ideally, you should be adding fresh content to your site regularly, to increase the amount of unique information your website provides.
- Within your content needs to be specifically chosen keywords and key phrases – the kinds of things users will be typing in to search engines when they search for your type of product or service.
- Content must be within the html code of your page – for example, text within flash will not be picked up by search engine spiders and therefore is useless in assisting your ranking.
- Assign relevant page titles and meta data, to help search engines categorise and index your website’s pages correctly.
- Provide a good internal linking structure – this will assist the usability of your site for users.
- Avoid spamming and unethical SEO techniques – these may see you penalised by search engines and subsequently lose your ranking.
There are many qualities beyond these basic steps that search engines look for to rank a website. We can help you to meet these expectations and, over time, receive higher rankings. We have years of experience within professional search engine optimisation, putting our knowledge towards testing and researching the best techniques to achieve the best results. For more information, please contact us.