Providing your website pages with relevant, informative content gives your website a greater likelihood of being ranked higher within search engines.
When writing content for your site you need to keep in mind the keywords and phrases that you are using in your SEO campaign, as well as ensuring that you are creating fresh and engaging text rather than re-hashing or duplicating existing content.
All content within your site is crawled by search engines, and allows them to discover what the subject of each page is. By adding additional content, you can add weight to your website and increase its authority and respect from the point of view of search engines, which will in turn increase your ranking.
Content can be added in a variety of ways, for example: a regularly updated blog; extra pages to draw attention to new aspects of your business or promotions; or enabling user comments and reviews.
A few considerations to take into account when writing content for your site are:
- Plan what you are going to write. For example, schedule blog posts so you are adding fresh content each day/week.
- Ensure your content is actually interesting! An obvious point, perhaps, but many companies misguidedly think it is enough to simply roll out recycled sales pitches rather than providing content of value.
- What do your customers want to know? Research your audience and try to provide them with what they want.
- Provide clear information and stick to the point. Make it easy for customers to use and navigate your site, and gain the information they’re looking for.
- Think about layout – text too far below the fold might be missed by customers browsing a page, and excessive text without images can be overwhelming.
- Proofread your text! Typos, mistakes and incorrect information make both your site and company look unprofessional, amateur and untrustworthy.
Our copywriters can help with content for your website, helping to provide useful, effective content to assist with SEO and the general success of your site.